CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012--12 Days of Christmas--Day 11

Good day!  Here we are...the 11th day of my 12 Days of Christmas!  I have been seeing a lot of the chalkboard look on cards and layouts.  Close To My Heart is on board with this trend too.  In the newest Idea Book, you can purchase sheets of adhesive-backed chalkboard vinyl and use their chalk marker or real chalk.  It is a really fun technique.  I did not have these particular items on hand, so I decided to make my own version with what I had in my craft room.  I used Black cardstock and White Daisy pigment ink for the stamping.  I had some old Decorative Chalks and sponged white chalk around the stamps.  So...there are different ways to achieve this HOT new trend.  I found this card on Dawn McVey's blog and changed it a bit.  I thought this was a perfect themed card to give out to someone during the holidays.  Okay...one more day to go.  I just might have to start posting more...I really have been enjoying these last several days.  I hope to see you all back tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by. :)

All supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Evensong Level 2 (retired)
Cardstock:  Kraft, Desert Sand, White Daisy, and Black
Ink: White Daisy Pigment ink
Stamp sets: C1427 I Believe (retired), D1361 Thank You (retired), and C1381 Card Chatter-Thank You
Accesories: Z1752 Clear Assortment Sparkles, Z1393 Black Mini-Medley Accents (button brad), Z1798 Black Tulle Ribbon, Z1089 Black Waxy Flax, Z1377 Color-Ready Kraft Borders (retired), and Black sparkle button (unknown source)
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (circles and pendent), Decorative chalks (retired), sponge dauber, and glue dots.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...