CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Back To School

I can't believe that school is starting tomorrow!  Okay...where did our summer go?  In Montana, our summers seem to start late and then winter is soooo long!  I demand more summer!

 My oldest is starting 3rd grade.  I know that he is excited about seeing all of his good friends again, but I know that it is going to be a tough 6 months.  His sweet Daddy will be deployed all winter and that means, I am going to be busy with my 3 kids.  I need to find special time with my oldest to get him to read to me more.  He is so stubborn when it comes to school work and reading.  We'll get it done! ;)

I wanted to make his new teacher a little welcome back to school gift.  I found these cute notepads at Walmart and had to make something to corrdinate with them.  This is what I came up with.  I stubbled on to Use it Tuesday blog and thought I would play along with their challenge.  I used up some really old paper and used a Cricut cartridge I bought last year and only used maybe once.

All supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted:  Papers: School Zone Level 2 (retired); Cardstock: Moonstruck, Dutch Blue, Colonial White, White Daisy, Clover Meadow (retired), Black, Autumn Terracotta; Ink:  Black, Moonstruck, and Cranberry; Stamps:  C1418 In the Month of August (retired) and C1362 You're a Hoot; Accessories:  Cranberry grosgrain ribbon; Tools:  Give a Hoot Cricut Cartridge (Prove Craft), sandpaper, pop dots, sponge dauber.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

A very cute card.... what a lucky teacher! Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Hang in there. I have a stubborn reader too. I know how challenging it can be, especially with your husbands upcoming deployment. Hope you keep coing back to Use it Tuesday- Haven UIT DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...